We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Microsoft Flight will not run

Dai Chyandour

Likes # 0

I have downloaded Flight Ok, but get the message "shader version of video card does not meet mimimum requirements". I have an Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTX 768Mb running in Vista Home Premium. I feel this should be adequate as my PC meets other requirements, i.e Dell XPS 720 Quad Core Q6600 2.4 GHz, 8MB Ram. Any ideas if I can fix this or must I do without MS Flight?

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

The game needs shader support 1.1 or a later version.

There's a new driver for your video card - released about 10 days ago. It might be worth downloading it to see if it fixes the problem.

Click here to get the Geforce download page

Like this post
Dai Chyandour

Likes # 0

Thanks, Forum Editor. I did download that latest NVidia driver but it made no difference. The promotional video on the latest PC Advisor Disc ran perfectly well, but perhaps that means nothing. I cannot find out if my video card supports Shader 1.1 or later.

Like this post
Proclaimer

Likes # 0

I think you do, but to be sure go here; Can you RUN It Select Microsoft Flight from the list and you will be given a list of requirements and your specs, similar to this;

Features: Minimum attributes of your Video Card Required You Have Pixel Shader version 3.0 5.0 Vertex Shader version 3.0 5.0 Dedicated Video RAM 256 MB 1.6 GB

Like this post
Dai Chyandour

Likes # 0

Thanks Proclaimer, and I have run this facility. I pass on all counts having Pixel Shader 4.0 and Vertex Shader 4.0 so I still don't know why MS Flight thinkls I have a problem. I'd be grateful for anyone's ideas.

Like this post
Dai Chyandour

Likes # 0

Problem solved with information from Microsoft. Changed the colour from 16 bit to 32 bit and everything is now fine.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 features wishlist: the changes iPhone and iPad users want in Apple's iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features