We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

My printer won't...well print.

Paul-has-more-of-a-clue...:@)

Likes # 0

Hi, I have an HP F4180 However it is refusing to print.

My PC recognises the printer, but when I send anything to print it just stays in the queue. I have tried to 'Restart print job', to no avai. I have tried to align and clean cartrages, again nothing happens. I have run troubleshooter that diagnoses everything working ok. I have deleted and reinstalled printer, again nothing seems to work, so as ever it is over to you...:)

Always Grateful

PS I am running Windows 7

Like this post
markd71

Likes # 0

Try clearing the print Q

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

And checking Print Spooler service is running. Restart if it is.

(Start Search services.msc)

Like this post
Paul-has-more-of-a-clue...:@)

Likes # 0

I have tried deleting queue

I have tried printing a test page, changing ink.(When I changed ink an alignment page printed so I know the physical printer works)

I have opened a document and tried to print again. It seems to go to printer no probem, but nothing appears in status page.

(Is there a printer scedua somewhere) I may have turned it on and restricted printing to midnight on a sunday or something.

It is really baffling, and I really can't cope with the fact I may have to stay up al night and write in ong hand some work I need for tommorrow :(

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

If a test page prints but a Word document doesn't - have you checked that the default printer for Word is set to your printer, and not to some other device?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft Band UK release date and price rumours, features and specs: Microsoft smartwatch unveiled

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015