We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Sound doesn't work

SoundlessMan

Likes # 0

I know this is a common problem, but I'm not getting the right answers. Something is amiss.

I had a computer which had sound. Then the sound stopped working. I don't have speakers, the sound comes through the monitor.

I then got a new computer at some point but used the same monitor. No sound. So I figured the monitor? I checked the drivers and clicked update. Still no sound. Volume is up but no sound. So I got another monitor and guess what... no sound. This is two computers with two different monitors and no sound. What the hell am I doing wrong? Anyone at all?

Like this post
SoundlessMan

Likes # 0

Model E4252

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

You should be able to get your driver from here emachines support but you will need to know the model number. It should be on your case or system somewhere.

Like this post
SoundlessMan

Likes # 0

its E4252 which they dont seem to list. I will contact them maybe see what's going on. Thanks.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Sorry that I couldn't get back. I had BSOD!

However I have found a better site Gateway and then if you click on components and then select motherboard and driver downloads you should get This site which seems to have your audio drivers.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A better deal than the Z3 and most smartphones

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Framestore recreates ancient China for Mr Bean's martial arts misadventure

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests and more