We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

10.5.6 upgrade

Hucky

Likes # 0

hi...i am trying to upgrade my g4 10.4 mac to 10.5.6 i have 1ghz processor and 1gb sdram and 50 gb h drive space but when i put in disc it tells me it cannot install os 10

ta!

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Best guess is the DVD is machine specific.

Is the Leopard disk retail or did it come with a machine

Like this post
Hucky

Likes # 0

retail yes..

Like this post
Hucky

Likes # 0

is there a way around this

Like this post
markd71

Likes # 0

No, Leopard is for an INTEL machine not PPC

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Try this

1.) Place the 10.5 Install disk in your drive. 2.) Restart your Mac (don't use on the installer on the disk) 3.) After the chime, hold down COMMAND+OPTION+O+F until you see a light gray screen with black text 4.) let go of the keys and type in the following commands EXACTLY as shown, and hit the RETURN key after each line (you will see an "ok" confirming what you typed was correct):

dev /cpus/PowerPC,G4@0 d# 867000000 encode-int " clock-frequency" property d# 867000000 encode-int " min-clock-frequency" property d# 867000000 encode-int " max-clock-frequency" property multi-boot

Select Leopard Install DVD

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes