We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Printer issue update.

fedex1969

Likes # 0

Having tried Ians' approach to solving my printer problem,(see previous post), I have had no joy. PC still not recognising HP printer. I know the printer works perfectly and PC in question WILL recognise other harware plugged in. i.e; cameras, external HDD etc. PLEASE HELP!!!

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Previous thread

You should have added to that thread instead of starting a new one as it contains the important information eg printer model, os, etc

Uninstall the HP software on the wife's pc and start again. It is absolutely vital that you work in the right order. It is usual to install the software first and then when prompted to switch on the printer and then connect. Instead of using the cd provided you could try going to the HP site and downloading the latest versions. Try a different USB port too.

In the meantime you seem to have 2 printers. Are your PC's networked? If so you could share the printer.

Like this post
Diemmess

Likes # 0

You seem to have tried every whichway installing the printer foloowing step by step prompts and so on.

BUT when you tried the printer on another computer did you take the USB cable with the printer or did you use a cable already on the other PC.

The cable may not be at fault, but its integrity is worth checking.

Like this post
fedex1969

Likes # 0

I don't know how it happened. Trying to reinstall driver ect. the printer only bloody works now. I didn't do anything differently. Just one of those things, I suppose. Technology, eh? Oh, now MY printer has run out of black!! Thanks for the advice.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

PC was switched off and rebooted in between?

Like this post
fedex1969

Likes # 0

No. I switched usb cable with my computer and it worked. My printer still works, too. So it can't have been the cable. Must be good fortune.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 5s review: why the iPhone 5s is still the best phone you can buy in 2014

IDG UK Sites

Passwords don't work: here's four ways to fix them

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features