We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Most folders are not showing anymore (Win7)

Takeshi-Fujimoto

Likes # 0

Hi, most of my folders are not showing anymore, I've checked the "Show hidden files and folders" in folder options, it's not that. I suspect it could be 1) The Ultimate Windows Costumizer messed it up 2) Rainmeter messed it up or 3) A virus scan/removal resulted in this (it removed a few Trojans). I've used registry error repair apps, tried numerous stand-alone-virus fixers but I still can't get my system to show me all the folders. They physically are there, they take up space and all, I can access them from Run but the Explorer is just not showing them. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks everyone in advance.

Takeshi Fujimoto

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

have a read here

hiddenfiles

hope it helps. im sure someone will have a better solution

Like this post
Takeshi-Fujimoto

Likes # 0

"I've checked the "Show hidden files and folders" in folder options, it's not that"

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Have you tried a System Restore, back to before you had the virus problem?

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

Also make sure 'Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) is not checked

Unhide.exe may be worth a try too.

Like this post
Takeshi-Fujimoto

Likes # 0

@Nontek System restore only shows me what happened 3 days ago but this is actually the 5th day I'm having this problem so that point in time was not register but thanks anyway

@robinofloxley both of your suggestions didn't help but thanks

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Try running the system file checker. In the search box type CMD. In the list right click CMD and select 'run as administrator' In CMD type sfc/scannow. You might need to run it mor than once if it shows a problem. If nothing showing then have a look at this, click here.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

If nothing else works maybe give this a try.

http://www.tangosoft.co.uk/re-enablev2.html

I have never used it so cannot comment on it but it fixes quite a few things after being infected with trojans etc.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon Fire HD 6 is a really good value tablet. The Amazon Fire HD 7 isn't. Amazon Fire HD 6 and...

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

ACLU's Halloween-themed animation warns of dangers of ignoring threats to your privacy

IDG UK Sites

20 lesser-known tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert