We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Unwanted Outgoing Email??

osben

Likes # 0

Hi Guys

For the last few days, I have been getting an email appear in the outbox of my MS Outlook - it is generally 68 bytes in size and outlook does not show any "to" "From" "subject" etc about it. I know I have not initiated it and I am the only user of the computer.

I have done an antivirus scan and scanned for malware in case it is a virus which has slipped through the security I have on the computer but they have shown all is ok.

I don't want to open it up to see what it is in case I regret it.

Can anyone offer any help to solve the problem its got me stumped.

Regards

Like this post
shellship

Likes # 0

Have you tried right clicking on it and deleting it from there?

Like this post
osben

Likes # 0

Hi Shellship

Thanks for getting back to me.

I realise that I can delete it in situe without opening it but I was hoping that someone could throw some light onto the question as to what it could be and why all of a sudden they are appearing.

regards

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

What you need is to read the Message source and contents without actually opening the email normally. I know how to do this in Outlook Express (Properties,Details,MessageSource) but I don't know how to do that in Outlook.

Maybe someone else knows or you could try google?

Like this post
osben

Likes # 0

Hi

I think I have found the reason for the above. Very strange but When I get an incoming email and click on the reply button to send an email back, it all goes as it should do ie the reply is sent and it shows in the ""sent"" box and the email is received by the recipient.

Outlook for some reason ALSO puts a notification of that email that I sent as a reply into the "Out" box as well but as I said before with no other information other that the size of the email. I have opened a couple up and found nothing in the "message contents" or "To" or "From"

Although it is comforting to know it is anything malicious it is still annoying getting my "outbox" added to every time I reply to someones email.

Can anyone throw some light on this.

Regards

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites