We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Can you transfer folders over wifi (both laptops windows 7)

herc182

Likes # 0

New laptop is coming (thanks to this forum I found one I wanted to buy!).

Have pictures and folders to transfer from one to the other. Old laptop has usb 2 and new one usb 3 but think wifi would be quicker.

Is there software to do this? Or does windows 7 have a feature I can use.

Would be quicker no?

Thanks

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

You do not mention what OS your old and new PC's have.If they are both Windows 7 then it is now very easy to network the 2 PC's. If one is XP it can be very troublesome, I gave up on my XP Pc and installed Windows 7 on it instead. Now all PC's see each other and it is simplicity itself to set up.

Sorry just read thread title, both Windows 7 here's a video which shows you how to set up a homegroup. Network.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

In case anyone reading this has XP, I've found that a transfer cable and software (a tenner from Amazon) makes the transfer from XP to W7 simplicity itself

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Motorola Moto G2 release date, price and specs: Best budget smartphone gets upgrades

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

How to make an 'Apple iWatch' using an iPod nano and a 3D printer