We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

pics in outlook express

johnnyrocker
Resolved

Likes # 0

i just tried snding a couple of pics using outlook express, instead of being an attachment they ended up very large in the body part of the mail filling the screen, how can i change this please? XP pro sp3

johnny

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

You'll need to make an adjustment in the registry - make sure you back up before starting

Here's how

Disable inline images

Like this post
beeuuem

Likes # 0

Are you inserting them as a picture or an attachment? If you use 'Insert' > 'Picture' the picture will appear in the body of the mail. Rather insert the image file as a 'File attachment'.

Like this post
johnnyrocker

Likes # 0

thanks so far, i am a bit reluctant to meddle with the registry,insert appears the only option in a new mail

johnny

Like this post
Batch

Likes # 0

What beeuuem suggests should work, but if you are still having probs, in the new mail message window, change the Format of the email to Plain Text (go to Format menu and click Plain Text).

Or permanently change all new mails to Plain Text, in the main OE windows, Tools, Options, Send tab and change Mail Sending Format to Plain Text.

Like this post
johnnyrocker

Likes # 0

my thanks i have followed this but i do not still get the option to attach a pic it still says insert?

johnny

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

The menu says Insert but the options include File Attachment and Picture. The first will attach the file, and the second will place the image in the body of the mail.

See here

Insert menu in OE

Like this post
johnnyrocker

Likes # 0

i dont seem to have the same outlook express as shown in the pic and none of the options either

johnny

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

That's Outlook Express 6 - which was the standard for several years until replaced by Windows Mail. Which menus do you have across the top of a new email window? Should be

File Edit View Insert Format Tools Message Help

Like this post
johnnyrocker

Likes # 0

that is what i have but it does not look the same or it would seem act

johnny

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

I'm not quite sure if you're saying you don't have any menus - or different menus. Where are you finding the Insert command?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......