We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

'Do Not Track Plus' from Abine

wee eddie
Resolved

Likes # 0

Anyone got any views on it?

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

I use the Abine Standard Protection plus Easyprivacy Tracking protection, following advice from this forum; they seem to have reduced tracking cookies and some annoying ads.Have not tried the one you mention.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 1

Like this post  
wee eddie

Likes # 0

thanks morddwyd - Missed that

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

Im using it right now and downloaded on the add ons in Firefox. its very very good, easy to use and easy to install and lets you know which companies are tracking you and blocks them straight away and also you have the option to allow the companies to track you.

There are many many tracking companies willing to sell the data to the highest bidder whereas you the one has been tracked don't get a penny. Works well on firefox and google.

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

I'm also using it on Firefox & IE9. Interestingly while typing this I have 5 places being blocked including Facebook. If this catches on Google et al will probably buy it to kill it off.

Like this post
proudfoot

Likes # 0

I too have installed it and my all time total is 345 sites showing blocked. Is there any way to reset the total or does it just keep increasing ad infinitum.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

romanby1. I have just started using it and asked them the same question via their very quick chat. They said it just counts totals and does not take space up by remembering wich sites are blocked.Seems very good so far.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback