We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Brother DCP115C problem

swanny2

Likes # 0

i downloaded the drivers etc of my xp pc and when installed etc,all the text on the screen on the printer was all in spanish....now i thought ok i will reinstall it all but i cant find the printer in add/remove no where too reinstall this and uninstall it,hopeing that if i do then hopefully find the correct driver etc. any help please. thanks :O)

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

Windows XP has a user interface feature to delete driver files – to delete printer drivers in Windows XP:

1. Click Start, and then click Printers and Faxes.
  2. On the File menu, click Server Properties.
  3. On the Drivers tab, click the printer driver that you want to delete, and then click Remove.

Or you can get to Printers and Faxes via Control Panel and then proceed with 2 & 3 above.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

You seem to be having a few problems with foreign languages, first Chinese and your Mini DV now Spanish and a printer.Chinese problem. LOL.

Like this post
swanny2

Likes # 0

i know lol foo king good isnt it. what next. lol

Like this post
swanny2

Likes # 0

ive uninstalled the driver downloaded the driver for the printer but the text on the printer is still in some other language,german ,lol, i think it is.and b4 i had this trouble the red light keeps flshing on it now.shall i Bin it?

Like this post
markd71

Likes # 0

http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/BSC/public/eu/gb/en/modeltop/colormfc/dcp115ceuas.html?reg=eu&c=gb&lang=en&prod=dcp115ceu_as Try this link

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Markd71's Link working version

It's the underscores that mess link up. If you have 2 or more it turns the text inbetween into italics and breaks it.

It works if you highlight some text as above Markd71's Link then click on the globe and paste the url into the popup box.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

swanny2, I think you are supposed to choose the language on the printer lcd menu when you first set it up. Try holding down the Menu button and then switching on the printer and see if maintenance comes up on the lcd on the printer. (I read that on another forum but it was for a different brother model printer - I'll see if I can find it again) Ah Here it is

Like this post
swanny2

Likes # 0

Thanks Guys tryed that but didnt work :(

Like this post
swanny2

Likes # 0

not bothered too much now about the language as long as it prints lol,but now ive got a Error f4 AND THE RED LIGHT FLASHING IT PRINTED FIN A MIN AGO. THERES NO PAPER JAM OR ANYTHING.WEIRD. OOPS soz caps

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...