We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Any DVD 64bit version?

BIGKREM

Likes # 0

Hi All, At work in the states and had to buy a new laptop,Some of my trusted old progs not interested in the 64 bit set-up. Any DVD for one, really need an equivalent as I cant play UK discs without using one of my 5 changes. Also, devastated that the old Lotus Organiser will not load either, Any Ideas for for free downloads to replace these? As they say here in Alabama, "Preciate it" Cheers Krem

Like this post
T0SH

Likes # 0

Try installing the opensource VLC player and use it to to play your region 2 DVD`s without having to change any settings

Cheers HC

Like this post
ßeta

Likes # 0

Err!! AnyDVD 32bit version works fine on my 64bit PC..

Like this post
sharpamat

Likes # 0

Presume you are useing win 7 to install Lotus do not autorun but open the CD and right click on setup. select use admin , you will get the screen informing you there are known problems select the middle icon and load it I have installed this on 64 bit Win 7 and the D/P of Win 8 without problems

Like this post
Miké

Likes # 0

AnyDVD working fine on my Windows 7 64bit laptop! are you perhaps running an old version?

Like this post
BIGKREM

Likes # 0

Tosh, I will try playing through VLC, ßeta, Any DVD installs perfectly on my machine, it just doesn't work when I insert a region 2 disc ! sharpmat, Yep I installed Lotus from the install exe short cut, I don't have the disc with me, my progs are on an external hdd. I will certainly try that though, as I is installed on a laptop at home, and thats Windows 7 64 bit. Mike, yes it is an old version of any DVD, a quite few years old now I guess, Thanks very much for all your input, will let you know how I get on, Thanks Krem

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

If its an old version of anydvd why have you not updated it they were free until a couple of years ago

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback