We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Search sponsored links

Snrub

Likes # 0

I am unable to connect to any sponsored links website for example on e-bay or price comparison websites, a message comes back unable to connect. There is no doubt some program blocking access but how do I find out which?

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

You never downloaded Mamutu did you.Or Emisoft as that will not let you into poor sites.You can restore them again if needed.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

What browser and are you running any add ons to block scripts / adverts.?

I have the same problem using Firefox and the Noscript add on, all I do is a - temporarily all all this page - in the Noscript menu.

Like this post
Snrub

Likes # 0

I use IE9 predominantly and occasionally Firefox and Chrome. I have tried disabling ad-ons such as Do Not Track but was wondering if it is something more fundamental like a ticked boxed in internet option advanced settings that needs unticking. I am using McAfee full security suite and wondering if it's that. But I also have other programs like admuncher, host files, Spyblaster, SUPERantispyware, Trusteer Rapport, Ccleaner.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Add muncher could do it noticed it blocking one of the sites that I went into yesterday.

Like this post
Snrub

Likes # 0

Exited Add Muncher and no difference so not that.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Maybe turn them off one at a time to see if it makes any difference.I would start with Trusteer as that is know to cause a few problems.Then mcAfee.

This is the Host file that I use not sure if yours is the same.

http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm

I had lots of problems when using XP and it took me almost a year to find out it was my host file that was the problem.Removed it and put Windows Host file back on and all my slow browsing went away.

My Anti Malware program blocks a lot of sites and I just let it get on with it as it should Know more than me what a bad site is.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: 30 September marked for unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Netflix whips up 3D VR viewing room for Oculus Rift during company hack day

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014