We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Wireless printer not connecting wirelessly on secondary Device....my laptop

julius44

Likes # 0

Good morning to you all, I have the A wired desktop pc, and a wirelss toshiba C660 laptop, both are runningg windows 7, 64 bit. Desktop is connected with a wired connection, and laptop is connected wirelessly. I purchased an Epson Sx235 wireless printer, the pc is conncted to the printer with wired usb connection, and it works fine, ive decided to install the cd on my laptop this morning so I can print wirelessly with it. I've installed the software on laptop, but my printer does NOT seem to find my laptop,.... When i click on the Epson net setup , and click on next, it says connecting to printer,....the printer wi-fi light just flashes orange and green, likes it searching for the printer, then it just says cannot find the printer!!! Any suggestions please??

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 1

Have you shared your printer? Try going to Devices & Printers - right click on your printer - select Printer Properties - Sharing Tab - Share this printer - Apply - OK

Like this post
julius44

Likes # 0

Now sorted, thanks loadz i should have installed the correct wi fi settings all done now.

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

I had this problem with an SX425 recently. First of all remove all the Epson Software from the laptop and reboot. Then use the Epson CD to reinstall it but don't use the secondary device option. Treat it as a brand new wi-fi installation and install everything using the express method. (Not Custom install)

If that doesn't cure the problem. Make sure the printer is shared on the desktop computer and set up the wireless manually on the printer settings menu.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Just graduated? Learn all you need to know to kickstart your career in our Creative Graduate Guide