We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

"Thunderbird had a problem and crashed"

bumpkin
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hello everyone, The title is the error message I receive when trying to get my email. "Thunderbird had a problem and crashed" Restarting does not work nor System Restore. I can get my mail if I use Outlook so I have ruled out a connection issue. Can anyone help please,I prefer Thunderbird and if I use Outlook it does not have my history.

Ray

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Hi, thanks Buteman for the link. Not the firewall blocking it nor can I fix it with the other suggestions. thanks anyway.

Ray

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Hi again, still struggling with this one. Have uninstalled and downloaded and installed latest version of Thunderbird. Tried this about 6 times now. I was pop.talktalk.net, now this has changed to imac.talktalk.net, not that I can see that this would make any difference. Thunderbird loads up fine but requires a password I can only assume that this is the password I use with my ISP but it does not work. Any further suggestions please.

Ray

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Can you not change it back to POP again to see if it makes any difference.

Or if you have another e-mail provider open a new e-mail account in Thunderbird and import the address from your other E-mail provider.

I have never used Thunderbird so cannot give you proper advice best waiting for others to join in and help.

Have you tried starting in safe mode just to see if it worked on there.

Maybe try again.

http://www.yoingco.com/howtosetupanemailaccountwithmozilla_thunderbird.htm

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Ignore that last click here It never worked.

http://help.talktalk.co.uk/app/answers/detail/a_id/1466/~/how-do-i-set-up-my-talktalk-email-in-mozilla-thunderbird-3%3F

Just check to see if you have it set up correctly.

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Hello buteman, thank you for your advice. I was not aware that there was a "Safe Mode" option for Thunderbird. Once I started it in safe mode I was able to access and reset the settings (Why they were changed in the first place or who by I do not know) Now all working again, lost history as started new account but no big deal just pleased to be up and running again. Thanks again for your help.

Ray

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch R video review: The most desirable Android Wear smartwatch

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

2015 creative trends: leading designers & artists reveal the biggest influences & changes coming th)......

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad