We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

hacked off

norrisnovice

Likes # 0

i have been unlucky to be the victim of two hack attacks in last week 1st one of my mail order accounts were hacked and 100s of pounds worth of goods ordered though l spotted it in time to stop the goods going out however i wasnt so lucky when my ebay account was hacked i have a full update antivirus programe havent opened any dodgy emails i am aware of my question is what measures other than change passwords etc which i have done can i take to prevent this happening again

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

(full update antivirus } is that all the protection that you have if so I can see why you may have got hacked.

Try downloading and updating Malwarebytes and run that to see what it finds.

Maybe a restore back to factory settings may be your best bet or a reformat just to be in the safe side.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

You still have 10 hours to download this program for free.

Sign into the site and doownload Mamutu.There should also be a button on it you press to get the keycode for it.But not to worry as they will post it to you as well.

Once you have downloaded Mamutu go into licence and it should say add voucher code and you just type in the keycode that you got to activate it for a year.

But like I said probably a reformat might be a better idea but wait and see what others think.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

This does not seem just a malware attack, although malware (possibly phishing links) have obtained your account details.

Make sure you are indeed back in control of your accounts and that new passwords have not been compromised. (preferably do this on another 'clean' computer)

Personally I would do a Full Factory Restore in spite of the many hours of hassle that entails.

Backup your data first and don't access until it has be scanned with a couple of anti-malware products as mentioned before.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad