We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Avast 7 update

buteman
Resolved

Likes # 0

Just got Avast Internet security 7 update for those that use it just run normal update.

Like this post
Input Overload

Likes # 0

The thing about Chrome is that when it updates it does leave the old installation in place. On PC's I look after there is often 3 or 4 Chrome installs in which is in (as I recall) Users / 'Your Name' / AppData / Google which are hidden folders, you can just delete the older folders.

Having a clear out from time to time can cut your C drive size down.

Like this post
Batch

Likes # 0

Don't think the Chrome install option is dependent upon which update method is used.

I did all three of mine (see post 1/2 way down page 2 of this thread) from the Maintenance option within Avast. Yet still one of them had the Chrome install option and the other two did not.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Batch

With the Internet Security one you just click on scan.Then click on settings to the right of scan.Then Scheduling.I have mine unticked as I always run it manually.Then just pick a time.

Not sure if you get that in the free version but I don't see why not.

Like this post
Batch

Likes # 0

Buteman

I see where it is now. A bit tucked away.

But like you, I just run my manually when it suits.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes