We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

New flash player(file sizes different)

hiwatt

Likes # 0

Hi folks,I've just noticed that there's a new Adobe flash player been released last week(11.1.102.62)When downloading from the Adobe site the file is 3.6mb and from filehippo it is 758kb!Any idea why the difference in file size.This is the non IE 32bit version.Thanks.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

I haven't looked but could one be is a full file download and the other an update?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

As always Flash player can be a bit confusing, latest I have is version 11.2.202.160 . I suppose it's because I used the beta version before Flash worked on 64-bit.

Like this post
Batch

Likes # 0

I think you;ll find the one on filehippo is just an installer that then downloads the full file when you run the installer.

Like this post
hiwatt

Likes # 0

Something else I noticed.I am able to view youtube videos without having flash player installed?That's a first?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Right click the video that's playing and it should show the version of Flash.

Like this post
Batch

Likes # 0

When you say "I am able to view youtube videos without having flash player installed" what browser are you using? As Chrome, at least, has flash player bundled with it and whenever there is a flash update, you'll get an updated version of Chrome (by way of applying the flash update). Not only that, Google tend to release the flash driven updates for Chrome earlier than Adobe release the updates to the general public.

Like this post
hiwatt

Likes # 0

@Batch I am using Firefox.I have completely uninstalled flash player but youtube videos still play?This never used to be the case?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Possibly HTML5

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Youtube does not need Flash as it runs perfectly well on the iPad and iPhone that do not support Flash.

v11 is the last version of Flash Adobe announced last year.

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

YouTube FAQ on HTML5 Click Here

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

2015 visual trends: 20 leading designers & artists reveal what should be inspiring us in 2015

IDG UK Sites

Mac tips tricks & hacks: 10 things you didn't know your Mac could do