We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

DVD Shrink

rickf

Likes # 0

Do you us e the above? If so have you managed to get it to work in Vista? I have used it on XP flawlessly but not Vista or Wins7. Have googled but no real helpful info to get it working. Have tried XP mode in Wins 7 but not working.

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

Which version are you using?

DVD Shrink is at V3.2.0.15 which, according to the description here is good for up to W7, but the official web site doesn't indicate this. How to confirm is difficult as the DVD Shrink forum is down at the moment.

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

I have Version 3.0 running on W7.

Like this post
pompyx

Likes # 0

I have DVD shrink installed on Win 7, and it worked OK

Like this post
rickf

Likes # 0

Thanks all for quick response. Have uninstalled and reinstalled 3.2.15 the latest version. How do you burn the file in Wins 7. Previously in XP it burns automatically once it's finished encoding by my DVD rewriter. It seems I now have to select the specific file to burn from the target. Which one to burn. thanks

Like this post
pompyx

Likes # 0

As far as I remember there are two files, one is an ISO file the other a much smaller MDL file, you want the ISO file.

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

Shrink by default is usually set to burn with Nero or DVD Decrypt. If you dont have either Imgburn is free and better.Either would automatically burn after the encoding is finished providing you choose create and burn inthe bckup dropdown choices and not just create a either an Iso Image or Hard disc folderPompya x I thinkyou are confusing shrink with Imgburn as shrink does not produce the mds file. Imgburn does if you allow itbut no need to to

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

OH and Iso image is best

Like this post
rickf

Likes # 0

Hi eedcam, I have the backup tab but no drop down menu to choose from. When clicked on back up tab it starts to encode, Can you shed some light on this. Could it be because the connections to my hardware are SATA? Previously when using XP in my old comp, the connections were IDE and it would start to write automaticallyn with Nero. I have Nero 11 at the moment.

Like this post
rickf

Likes # 0

bump

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

Hi Rick ok check under Edit>Preferences > FileI/O that you do NOT have the burn with Nero box ticked unless you wish it to do so

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'