We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

why is my pc not recognising any card readers?

sanilash

Likes # 0

my pc does not recognise card readers..when i plug in one it says "USB devisce not recognised" buh the same card reader works with other stuff like my tv printer and even other pc's.. why is this..? i tries reconnecting many times buh it just doesnt work..:( n yeah m using widous xp.. thanks in advance..

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

XP was designed long before many modern USB devices were made and does not recognise the latest drivers. If you do not have a driver disc for it then put the device into a PC that does recognise it, go to Device Manager and look at the device Properties. That will tell you the details of the device so that you can Google it and find out if it has an XP driver that you can download and instll on your old PC.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Go into device Manager and look under Universal serial Bus controllers and see if any yellow exclamation marks beside any of the drivers.If so right click it and see if it shows what the problem is.

Like this post
WhiteTruckMan

Likes # 0

This might sound silly, but have you tried it in all your usb sockets? I've found over the years that not all devices work in all sockets.

WTM

Like this post
sanilash

Likes # 0

i did try it in all usb sockets!!! n wen i go to device manager,i see it under dat Universal serial hub as unknown,and when i click properties, it says "no driver installed for this device" what do i du..?? hw du i install a driver??

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Make and model of reader? 5 in 1, 6 in 1, 7 in1?

http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=91206

Like this post
sanilash

Likes # 0

its um a micro sd card reader!! just micro sd!!

Like this post
sanilash

Likes # 0

and yeah i just scaned my computer with the driver detective.. the result showed, 51 out of date drivers 4 devices with no driver installed now what do i do?? i bet the problem lies here!! hw do i update my drivers and install drivers for my device???

and thank u all for ur replys!!!:)

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

For an individual driver, go to makers website, find your hardware and then you should be able to download and update the driver.

Like this post
pollostar

Likes # 0

Go and click on start menu. Go to device manager. Look list for something with SD or card reader. Expand it by clicking on the triangle to the left of it and right click on inside it. then select uninstall than reboot your computer and window will install the driver for you.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 beta leaked ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

The Samsung Gear VR is better than the Oculus Rift (kinda)

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: How to buy an iPhone 6 today