We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

TalkTalk and Webmail

SparkyJack
Resolved

Likes # 0

One of my flock has talktalk- He asserted that without leave or consent his mail started coming in on a Gmail account ,assive TT and decided that was the way to go. Then he found[hecsays] the Gmail account has changed to another, again without any doing on his part.

So are TT playing games or is he getting a little bemused?

He is I have to say getting on a bit- but I am sure he would be aware of setting up Webmail accounts

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Are you able to physically check his computer? If so that would answer your queries.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Obviously I'm guessing here, and is it WLM he has? I found the following that may give you some clues.

stop gmail from automatically importing emails from my talktalk mail service

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/gmail/thread?tid=6533deaac3fbad2f&hl=en

http://sites.google.com/site/brianshowtos/home/stop-gmail-from-importing-emails

How to Access a Gmail Account in Windows Live Mail

http://email.about.com/od/livemaildesktoptips/qt/etgetgmail.htm

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

That last link should be ClickHere (there should be a _ before and after get)

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

Northumbria61
Indeed I shall be taking a peek at his machine one day next week,

Lotvic
Thanx for the links will incorporate that in my look see next week BTW - what is WLM? [I am getting on a bit too}

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

WLM = Windows Live Mail (as the mail client - like Outlook Express, Windows Mail, Thunderbird etc.)

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

Lotvic Gotcha He like me uses web mail not an E Mail client. Though by the way he speaks I sometimes wonder-0Next week will tell.

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

An unusual Deamon bounce

In carrying out test mails to the subject,, sent the same test to all his addresses as described on Wednesday.

This morning one came back as a fail to deliver.

It was the one to his Primary TalkTalk address and the reason given?

'Too long in the queue;

Is this a clue as to what may be happening?

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

Having visited this individual I found the following

His primary mail [TalkTalk] In Box remains empty and all his input comes via the GMail address. Even those mails I sent to the TalkTalk address- pop up in Gmail

So whats the explanation?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

So did you check if is he using Webmail? or mail client on pc? if so then which?

It will be a case of going into gmail on Webmail server (I would think) and unticking/changing the collection of talktalk email. Also need to check on TalkTalk webmail server if there is anything there to untick/change to stop it forwarding to gmail.

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

Lotvic He is strictly Web mail But thans for your help He appears to let things be- rather then cause otherr issues

It is I guess a souce of puzzlwment to me though

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Long live the internet fridge: the Internet of Things is coming

IDG UK Sites

How Prometheus' colourist Juan Ignacio Cabrera gave a tense, edgy feel to Chosen