We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Error Message

ponytail

Likes # 0

I just restarted my PC as it is very slow and got the following message on a blue background sorry but it is rather long could someone explain what it means.

**A Problem has ben detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer PageFaultNonpaged_Area Ifthis is the first time you have seen this stop error screen restart your computer if this screen appears againfollow these steps. Check to make sure any new hardware is properly installed. If this is a new installation ask your hardware or software manufacturers for any windows updates you may need. If problems continue disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software.Disable BIOS memoryoptions such as caching or shadowing.If you need to usesafemode to remove or disable components restart your computer press F8 to selectadvanced startup options and then select safe mode. Technical Information Stop 0x00000050,0xe3eff000,0x00000000,0x 80577b55,0x00000001 Beginning Dump of physical memory Physical dump complete

It means nothing to me but someone out there might understant it.Am going to email a copy of this message to my son who is a computer freak who builds and repairs them and creates websites for various local firms

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

It happens on rare occasions to the best of us :)

Probably something that hadn't finished 'doing it's thing' when pc was shut down and Windows didn't wait for it to finish (it's supposed to wait)

If it happens on a frequent basis then needs investigating as could also be hardware related.

Usually closing down pc and starting up again clears the problem. Last time it happened to me was about 4 months ago. Never did find out what caused it but it hasn't happened since.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

1. do not download any fixes that purport to fix this stop error message

2. As stated by lotvic this happens occasionally, just rebbot and see if it happens again.

3. if it happens again please give us info regarding op system and make / model of machine and if yo have recently added and new hardware.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

6 cheapest 4K TVs in the UK 2014: Get a UHD telly without breaking the bank

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air (11-inch, 256GB, Early 2014) lab tests and benchmarks

IDG UK Sites

How to stop your parents opening and responding to phishing emails

IDG UK Sites

Google to ship first Project Ara developer boards in July