We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

cd will not run

rocketbob

Likes # 0

i have just brought a cd for a workshop manual for a van, when i put into the cd/dvd drive it does not run and i have ticked the autorun box for that drive

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

Does it show up in Windows Explorer? And if it does, is there a 'start.exe' file or similar that you can double click on?

Like this post
rocketbob

Likes # 0

hi ian can not find it when i click on dvd drive i can hear the disc running i am at a dead end.

Like this post
markd71

Likes # 0

Try another cd and see what happens ! Did you buy from e-bay ?

Like this post
rocketbob

Likes # 0

put music cd in played ok. brought it on e bay

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

Maybe it's a DVD try a different DVD in the drive

Like this post
markd71

Likes # 0

You've been had ! what van ? year / model /make & what you need to know.. e-bay is a penetentiary on-line

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

If when you Explore the contents of the CD you can't find a 'start.exe' file, what files can you see?

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

Lotvic: I sense from what the OP said, nothing at all is showing in Explorer.

Rocketbob: if other CDs and DVDs work OK in the drive, I suspect you have a faulty one. Contact the eBay seller and ask for another one. If for some reason he/she won't play ball, raise a dispute.

Markd71: in the interests of balance, I should say that I've done 400+ transactions on eBay, with only two problems - both of which were resolved by eBay/PayPal to my satisfaction.

Like this post
rocketbob

Likes # 0

e bay seller sending a new disc. thanks all.

Like this post
rocketbob

Likes # 0

e bay seller sending a new disc. thanks all.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon Fire HD 6 is a really good value tablet. The Amazon Fire HD 7 isn't. Amazon Fire HD 6 and...

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

ACLU's Halloween-themed animation warns of dangers of ignoring threats to your privacy

IDG UK Sites

20 lesser-known tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert