We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Erratic Scrolling on Wireless Mouse.

pringles57

Likes # 0

Hi, i purchased a mouse about a month ago and now it seems that the scrolling is acting up...alot. The mouse i bought was the Sandstrom SMWLL11.

When i scroll down with the mouse it will somtimes scroll the wrong direction, somtimes scroll down really far or just not scroll at all. :(

Anyone got any ideas on how to fix this? I tried contacting Sandstrom but it seems their contact info page has no contact info... http://www.sandstromstyle.com/contact_us.aspx

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Try changing the batteries first and make sure there's nothing nearby that could interfere with the signal. If no change, I'd send it back.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

This company is part of the Dixons Store group, so I imagine you bought your mouse from PC World, Currys or Dixons.

Whichever one it was, take the mouse back to the store and ask for a replacement -once you've checked the battery, as suggested by onthelimit1

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

Not directly related, but I had a wireless telephone that I had near my computer and sometimes the phone worked, sometimes not, sometimes the (wireless) modem cut out (stopped sending receiving). I cured the problem by moving the phone away from the computer.

Could you have a similar problem?

Terry

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I know nothing about this particular make of mouse, but I have found that if there is a ball, then remove the cover and see if a foreign object is stopping the ball from doing its intended action. Many a time it as been a case of just dusting out a bit of fluff?.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

A ball?

My word, spuds - you are living in the Dark Ages!

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

onthelimit1- "you are living in the Dark Ages" sounds about right.

But not with my old and trusty favourite wireless Packard Bell. Who needs modern technology :O)

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Is this scrolling problem with the mouse wheel or mouse movement? If the latter then try changing the mouse mat or using it without a mat on a plain sheet of paper. Patterns on mouse mats can cause erratic mice behaviour.

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

Try reinstalling the drivers.

Like this post
pringles57

Likes # 0

I tried changing the batteries but that didnt help, and there doesnt appear to be anything blocking the signal. I would take it back to pc world but i dont think i still have the original packaging...

Ams4127, it didnt come with any drivers and WoodWell its with the scrolling, not mouse movement.

Also if i do find the packaging i wouldnt need a receipt to return as it's faulty, right?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Are you accidentally holding down the middle wheel in the click position?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Motorola Moto G vs Nokia Lumia 530 comparison: What's the best budget smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Everything you need to know about Apple's iPhone Camera in iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't trust password managers

IDG UK Sites

How to make an 'Apple iWatch' using an iPod nano and a 3D printer