We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Printer driver

sconedd

Likes # 0

Can anyone please help. I have a Canon Pixma ix6550 printer, and my OS is Windows7 32 bit. My problems I have had the canon driver loaded which is telling me on the test page that everything is fine and the driver is working properly. However when I come to print a page I get nothing at all. Can somebody gice me a siete that is free and trustworhty, I have looked through a lot of the sites and they want to charge. As ever your knowledge and answers are most welcome. Sconedd.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Are you saying that you have actually printed out the test page and that it prints out correctly but that pages from Word documents or the Web for example do not print? Just want to clear that up before offering any advice.

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

What chub_tor said... When this happens to my wife, it's usually because I've been messing with the printers, and have forgotten to set the correct default printer for her machine. Is the Canon set as your default printer?

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

what are you trying to print, sometimes in word if you look on one of the headings at the top and go to print there may be a box you have to click to select printer model.

Like this post
sconedd

Likes # 0

I want to thank the people that sent me suggestions as to what was going wrong with my printer not printing from Word. I finally had to admit defeat and get a friend of mine to have a look. He found the problem after quite a while. Apparently it was the word software had problems. I would never have found it, but he sorted it by deleting the program, and went and purchased a updated version, so everything is fine. Thank you all once again, sconedd.

Like this post
markd71

Likes # 0

So close the thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Netflix whips up 3D VR viewing room for Oculus Rift during company hack day

IDG UK Sites

Widespread 2011 MacBook Pro failures continue: Petition for fix surpasses 10,000 signatures