We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

CCleaner - Wipe Free Space Drives

compumac

Likes # 0

After using CCleaner for the past number of years I thought that I should delve more into its Options. I find that in the Option - "Wipe Free Space Drives" only the 'C' drive is checked by default. Does anyone out there put a checkmark against their other drives?

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

In my version all drives are shown unticked in Tools / Drive wiper. I have only used it once - took ages, but did tick both my partitions.

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

Have used it once on C. If I then do my usual C clone back up to my Q is the wiped space carried over?

Apologies for the hijack compumac

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Theoretically a clone is an exact copy so wiped space should be carried over . Before cloning and imaging I only scan for viruses and malware and defrag, I have rarely used the drive wiper, but did so when getting rid of an HD using a higher setting - took hours! Next time I used a hacksaw and cut the drive in 1/4's!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Moto G2 (2014) vs Moto E comparison review: New Moto G is worth the extra cash

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Oculus Rift 'Crescent Bay' prototype hands-on: it's an amazing experience

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...