We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Laptop PC Replacement

morddwyd

Likes # 0

Any recommendations for a touch screen laptop to replace my ageing desktop?

Mainly used for home office stuff, plus some still photo editing.

Very little use of audio, except compilation, so that's not an issue, neither is portability, just room to room maybe now and again.

I have vision problems so screen size is a factor, the larger the better.

Ideally Windows because of my legacy programmes (why are they programmes on Windos and apps anywhere else?).

Price I would not want to go much above £750.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Take a look at this one from Comet - Desktop replacement laptop with multi touch screen at a reduced price - v.good specification - one to consider. enter link description here

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Not a laptop but an all-in-one PC with 23" screen, Amazon

I's not sold by Amazon so worth looking around for one if not sure of market place.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

There's also an Acer Aspire for £632. Trouble is they're not laptops but have a decent sized touch screen.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Out of stock but a vast difference from northumbria61's price if it was the same laptop.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5083424.htm

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

buteman - the specification of the Argos one is vastly different also - i3 v i7 at Comet etc.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Ok.never noticed.thanks

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Thanks for the responses.

I already have a 15.9 touchscreen Aspure (5738PG) which I use as an everyday workhorse (I am using it now) but the various incarnations of the Aspire tend to be multi-media devices, and I don't want to be paying for something I don't want or already have.

Guess I'll just have to keep my eye on the new releases!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV setup advice: Apple TV hacks to help you create the ultimate Apple TV hub in your home