We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How to overclock a Celeron E3400

VNAM75

Likes # 0

I have he following spec:

CPU: Intel Celeron E3400 @ 2.60GHz Ram: 4.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 399MHz (6-6-6-15) Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. G41MT-S2P (Socket 775)

All setttings are standard at the moment and I want to overclock the cpu to abpout 3ghz. I've done quite a bit of reading and the consensus is that 3.6ghz is the max it will overclock without having to raise the voltage and require extra cooling.

Whats the easiest way to do this - via the bios or software? Can anyone give me a simple step by step guide on what settings to change. I'm reasonably confident with going into the bios and make changes, just don't know whar parameters to alter.

Like this post
MrBench

Likes # 0

3.6 ghz without extra cooling and voltage altering? You cant be serrious.

Like this post
VNAM75

Likes # 0

Yes I am serious, clocked it to 3.3ghz and cpu temp only up 2c to 37c. Will manage 3.6ghz no probs if I needed it.

Like this post
RobCharles1981

Likes # 0

No point the Intel Celeron's are long out dated tbqh if you want overclocking get the new 2500 Kits.

Like this post
VNAM75

Likes # 0

I recently built the pc - the cpu costs all of £32. So I got a free performance upgrade plus it will last me a lot longer than otherwise, before needing to replace it.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

2014 Mac mini release date, specs, rumours: When's the new Mac mini coming out?

IDG UK Sites

Long live the internet fridge: the Internet of Things is coming

IDG UK Sites

How Prometheus' colourist Juan Ignacio Cabrera gave a tense, edgy feel to Chosen