We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Kodak Printer Problem?

muddypaws
Resolved

Likes # 0

XP Home SP3. Kodak ESP 5200 series AiO. 6 months old.

I went to print my weekly bank statement and it doesn't want to print any of the black print ie the transactions. Neither will it print emails from OE. Attempts to print other web pages has the same result.

I have re-booted the PC and the printer: un-installed the software with Revo advanced option and re-installed. I have removed and replaced the cartridges: cleaned the heads: re-alligned them and printed a test page which came out fine. I wondered if it was the FF 10.0.2 update that came yesterday, but it is the same in several browsers. I last used the printer 8 days ago so don't really want to restore to there. I have used up 5 hours so far!! Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Try choosing print preview from the file menu before printing or select save page as.

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

northumbria61

That's how I usually do it. This appears to be fairly common problem having searched google.

Normally resulting in a free new print head from Kodak.

Apparently it will print normally on photo paper--which I have just done. Why I don't know!

Can't contact Kodak till Monday. Thanks for your suggestion though.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Looks like you have done most things for a result. When you re-installed the software, did you use previous or latest version (if there is one) from the Kodak website. Might perhaps pay to have a look there?.

Otherwise it looks like trying Kodak on Monday!.

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

spuds Tried that. I have the latest already. Thanks.

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

Managed an on line chat with Kodak. Replacement head due next week. Impressed with their chat line. Will wait and see if problem is cured. Thanks for your help. Will resolve next week or whenever!

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

Replacement head just arrived. Five minutes to fit and problem solved.

Like this post  
spuds

Likes # 0

Great result.

I wonder if the print heads could be saved, if cleaned with something like Iso-Propyl Alcohol. A method used on other print heads, when they become clogged or unworkable?.

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

spuds

I have still retained the habit of keeping broken bits--just in case.(:-)) Don't we all. I think the fault is in the head circuit contacts that detect the type of paper that is feeding through as it printed OK on photo paper.

When the new one fails I'll give the old one a once over.

Warrantee runs out in August on the printer.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback