We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

LG to ACER - No Sound

itswatsonmydear

Likes # 0

So my LG LCD tv is connected to my Acer Veriton X498G and it doesn't have any sound only when I just switch to tv mode. I have checked any and every video input, output, setting, cord, website, document, how to guide, instruction book there is on this issue. None of which are helping I'm trying to be able to listen to music, watch a movie, anything with sound. The input source when connecting to the PC is of course RGB-PC. I've been told HDMI cords work but they haven't with this one. I did have this issue with the previous computer as well but I've upgraded to the Acer and it is still not allowing sound to come out when using that particular output (RGB-PC) but it does when using Input Source: TV in the menue. Any assistance would be great, my boyfriends is a huge geek about computers, geek said with the up most respect but we both have a habit of over looking things so I'm wondering if you have any incite on this issue. Thanks in advance

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

RGB relates to video only nowt to do with audio.What cable/s are you usong to connect and from what output/s on the tv

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Using hdmi cable you have to use the TV remote to turn the sound up or down.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

You may have to go to sound in the control panel and make sure it is set to Hmdi sound..

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Just checked in sound in control panel and mine is set to AMD HDMI Output default device.Remember to use the Remote control to adjust your volume.

Like this post
itswatsonmydear

Likes # 0

Well there isn't an hdmi port on the Acer. The cord linking the two is the one that goes to the RGB in port in the back of the tv

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Plus you need an audio cable from the headphone socket of he laptop to the audio in on TV (can be a 3.5 jack or rca plugs.

Like this post
itswatsonmydear

Likes # 0

Its not a laptop, just a modem. Should I do the same thing

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Just a desktop.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/203899/acerveritonx498gcompetitiveperformanceatacompetitiveprice.html

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

VGA connector on computer to VGA connector on the TV and just your external speakers for your sound.

Like this post
itswatsonmydear

Likes # 0

Tower not modem*

I'll check the vga out

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia Lumia 930 review: The flagship Windows Phone 8.1 smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Live Blog: Apple financial results, record June quarter, 35.2m iPhones sold, $37.4b revenue

IDG UK Sites

Welcome to the upgrade cycle - you'll never leave

IDG UK Sites

Why smartphone screens are getting bigger