We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Copying .jpeg pics from Winxp pro to SD Card

swapper
Resolved

Likes # 0

Any advice please. I am attempting to copy .jpg pictures from my pc to an SD Card (I want them on my camera). After copying, when I try to view on my Canon ixus70 it tells me there is no image. The SD card opens all the pictures back on my PC fine, also my laptop, but why is it the camera will not find them. Thanks.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

They will need to be in a folder on the card

The full Canon folder structure is as follows:

\DCIM \xxxEOS1D \xxxCANON ***YYYY.JPG ***YYYY.CR2 (raw photo) ***YYYY.MOV (video) ***YYYY.THM (thumbnail) ***YYYY.WAV (audio) \CANONMISC (DCIM control metadata) \MISC (DPOF settings) (temporary data)

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

That didn't come out correctly as the forum is taking the spaces out of the lines.

\DCIM

-\xxxEOS1D

--\xxxCANON

---***YYYY.JPG

---***YYYY.CR2 (raw photo)

---***YYYY.MOV (video)

---***YYYY.THM (thumbnail)

---***YYYY.WAV (audio)

--\CANONMISC (DCIM control metadata)

\MISC (DPOF settings) (temporary data)

Like this post
swapper

Likes # 0

Fruit Bat/\0/\ Good heavens, that was quick, and thank you for your help, but I don't understand that, (I think). Are you saying that the Folder should be called DCIM_*YYYY.JPG

Thank you

Like this post
swapper

Likes # 0

May I also aske, what would that format be if it was a olympus hdx 12.5 superwide?

How many years have you been helping people now /\0/\?

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

two folders on card DCIM and MISC

DCIM has subfolder i70ES01D (170 is model of camera)

ESO1D has subfolders 170cannon and CANONMISC

.JPG .CR2 (raw photo).MOV (video).THM (thumbnail).WAV (audio) files are all in the 170cannon folder.

This is where you need to copy your jpgs so you can view them on the camera.

Format a card in the camera and take a picture and the camera will automatically make yhe folder structure for you.

Cameras often do not like cards that have been formatted in a PC

Like this post  
swapper

Likes # 0

Fruit Bat/\0/\,

Thank you very much for that, I'll give it a try.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...