We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

selecting drive using steam

rgtyfhr

Likes # 0

I am installing skyrim v using steam (I have no choice) and The game is being put on a drive say C which is not of my choosing I want to put the game on a drive of my choice so how can I do this and what is the procedure please

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

You most certainly do get a choice but not if you are using Steam. What I have done is put steam on my secondary hard-drive which as I have something over 399GB of games makes sense as I have a 128GB SSD for my boot and programs drive.

What you can do is move the whole of the Steam folder, this shows you how. Move Steam. By the way I am playing Skyrim myself at the moment.

Like this post
rgtyfhr

Likes # 0

thanks for your help Chronos, got to the point where I delete all files in "steam" folder except "steamapps" and "steam application" problem is i can remove all except logs folder and steam text doc, The logs folder "can't be deleted because the folder or file is open in another program". The steam text doc"can't be deleted because the file is open in steam" I've tried to sort this problem out but no luck,I wonder if you would be good enough to help me once again, thanks Eric

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Do you have Steam set up to start when Windows boots as this will cause the issue you describe. I have moved Steam many times using this method and it works.

So look in the bottom right hand corner of your PC and see if the Steam icon is there,if so right click then exit and then you can complete the process.

Come back if you have problems as there is a second way of moving the Steam folder.

Like this post
rgtyfhr

Likes # 0

All sorted now, thanks very much for you help If I get stuck gain may I impose again Thanks Eric

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Your welcome.

Like this post
rgtyfhr

Likes # 0

Hi again Chronos, would you help me agan plese this time with Skyrim I delivered the horn met delphine killed the dragon returned to river wood to meet delphine then everyone attacked me.ive been through this process brfore the I did get to delphine safley but then when I went to solitude met the contact gave him the weapons again then they all attacted me. I must be doing something wrong but i've no idea what can you help please

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Probably you killed an innocent someone. Check in statistics for your crime bounty. I have done that a couple of times,I have even been in jail once and at the moment I am avoiding one city as I'll have to go to jail again.LOL

I have found with Skyrim that you must hard save often and only quick save if you are traveling long distances.

Either load a save before the quest or see if you can do some jail time or pay the guards off.

What is your Steam ID and ill add you to my friends list.Mine is Mr Fraggle (UK).

Like this post
rgtyfhr

Likes # 0

Hi Chronos, Thanks for getting back can't see anything untoward in crime stats but having said that I'm not 100% sure what I'm looking for,one thing I did notice but I've no Idea what to do about it is when I'm attacked they are calling me a vampire and I notice thatI have been a vampire for 2 days If that is the problem what can I do about it. my Steam id is "lazertomato01"

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

AAh you have become a vampire, easy enough sorted, have a look here: Cure me I'm a vampire. I have accepted you on Steam by the way.

Like this post
rgtyfhr

Likes # 0

Thanks again

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Complete guide to iPhone and iPad settings: Get to know iOS 8 Settings UPDATED