We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Help pls!! Friends Computer infected with a Virus Called : Internet Security

julius44

Likes # 0

Hello and good morning to you, all despearate help needed here please, A work colleague gave me herl daghters laptop as it seems to have been infected with a very nasty virus!!!

It seems the virus is called Internet Security and it says the laptop is infected, it looks like this :http://www.2-spyware.com/remove-internet-security-2010.html

BUT,.......the one on firneds laptop just says internet security ONLY..no 2010, 2011, etc.

The laptop already has Kaspersky internet security 2011 and malwarebytes installed, but it seems to be blocking kaspersky from updating,.the internet wont work at all, when i clicked on the chrome Browser The rogue internet securuty Chrome.exe is infected by W/32/blaster worm.

I tried in safe mode, and malwarebytes said there was no infection(has it been compromised??!!),...kaspersky scanned in safe mode, it said that there were threats detected, then i click on fix now, but nothing happened!!!

Any suggestions please??? I really wanna get this sorted for my friend as soon as possible, and get this nasty virus removed please!!!!

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

This one says Vista but will probably do for any problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-vista-internet-security-2012

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Even though the date does not appear on your friend's laptop, I'd run the bleeping computer guide here The processes are very similar from bug to bug, and you can't do any harm.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Fingers too slow again!

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

onthelimit1

Apart from being to slow on the Button your click here does not work for me.

We apologize for the temporary outage. The administrators have been notified and the problem should be rectified soon.

Please try again shortly.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Buteman

Working for me at the mo.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Mac tips tricks & hacks: 10 things you didn't know your Mac could do