We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Habu Microsoft Mouse

Condom

Likes # 0

My present Microsoft Habu mouse is getting a little erratic. Although all the blue LED lights around the mouse are still working I have noticed that the lazer light underneath is not lighting up at all. To my mind that would mean that the mouse shouldn't work at all but it is still functioning well in normal use but dragging cards in Spider for instance is extremely difficult.

Anyone got any ideas other than replacing it?

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

Amazon User Reviews have a list of random problems from some users.

You could try re-installing the drivers and using a different USB port.

Good luck.

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

A Warranty Claim, even ourside of One Year, under SoG Act, could also be possible if you can find some other user reports too.

Print any out and take back to your retailer if you think justified.

Like this post
D@ve

Likes # 0

"I have noticed that the lazer light underneath is not lighting up at all"

The laser on my Logitech mouse is almost invisible; you can only see it if staring directly at it, and it is a tiny red spec. (PS I'm not sure how safe / dangerous it is to do this).

Like this post
mole44

Likes # 0

Unplug it,take it to pieces and clean inside including the lenses.when you plug it back in use a port that is attached to the motherboard. The problem might be that the current the mouse draws from the port you use may be either faulty or not able to supply the cirrent requiered.

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

Thanks to all that replied.

D@ve You were exactly right, the laser is hardly visable at all when compared to the one my wife uses but it is there which probably explains why it is still working.

I have cleaned it as best I can and plugged it into a USB connected to the motherboard and also downloaded the latest drivers and firmware from Razer and it seems to be a little better but still not as good as it used to be. As I don't play games except Spider Patience with it I don't really need all the fancy bits so I may very well take off the Razer software and use a generic Microsoft Driver.

I have got so used to the feel of this mouse which I have loved from day 1 that I am not keen to break a new one in but I might very well have to.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

2014 Mac mini release date, specs, rumours: When's the new Mac mini coming out?

IDG UK Sites

Long live the internet fridge: the Internet of Things is coming

IDG UK Sites

How Prometheus' colourist Juan Ignacio Cabrera gave a tense, edgy feel to Chosen