We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Laptop can find AOL router but cannot get on internet

ferrispedro

Likes # 0

Since Connecting up a new router(Huawei Echolife HG521) AOL sent me my daughter cannot access the internet.She is seeing the router and using its Password but cant connect to internet.

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

Is the router set up with a username and password for your ISP?

Like this post
ferrispedro

Likes # 0

Sorry dont know that, using router default password and ID at the moment.

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

Your AOL logon in the router settings should be of the form

[email protected]

AOL Password of the form abc123de (unless changed)

It is not the same as details to just connect to the router from computer.

Which will be something like 192.168.1.254 (typed in your browser address bar. Default logons then may be Administrator and password, or admin, blank.

All routers are different.

You may be best calling AOL Customer Services if you have problems. They can issue a new password over the phone. Subject to the interminable script to check that you are doing everything correctly.

They messed up my account when I got a new router and changed plan. Took me 4 calls to get them to admit a problem and for me to get online.

Make sure you have a filter on each line socket and that you are using the master socket for the router (or tell them that you are). They refuse support if you are running off extension.

Like this post
ferrispedro

Likes # 0

Many thanks I'll contact Bombay tomorrow. Peter.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Complete guide to iPhone and iPad settings: Get to know iOS 8 Settings UPDATED