We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Help with adding extra hardware to an old packard bell!

lxthemill
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi, Can Someone help? I would like to add another 80gb HHD and another optical drive to my iMedia 3043 PC. If this can be done, How? I also have a slightly better Intel D chip can I replace this too?

Thanks

Nathan

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Take the side of the case and have a look to see if there is a spare bay to mount your extra drive

I suspect the old drive and DVD will run off the same IDE ribbon cable, you will need a spare IDE port on the motherboard to run a cable to the new drive and a spare molex power plug from the power supply unit.

to change the cpu you will need to remove the old one and swap the heatsink and fan using new heatsink compound.

Some more information on what motherboard is fitted what exactly is the new cpu is required before we can advise whether the new cpu will work in that board.

SIW will give you all the information of what is fitted in your machine.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...