We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

OE Contacts

jaraba

Likes # 0

When I click on the contacts button the contacts are in alphabetical order by firtsname but when I click on to/cc or bcc button on a new email the contacts are in order by surname.

This has only happened in the past few days and I can't find anyway to change it back.

Any ideas would be appreciated

Many thanks

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

Open Outlook Express and then open the Address Book. Select View menu and Sort By - which gives you options of first or last name.

Like this post
jaraba

Likes # 0

Tried that & only gives name and no options for first last name. Using OE6

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

Name is top of the list - look further down

See here

View Menu Sort By

Like this post
jaraba

Likes # 0

It is only when I am composing anew email & click on to or cc that thenames are show with lastname 1st instead of as in the contacts/address book by 1st name.

Also doesnt seem to have the drop down list you posted.

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

Are you actually opening the Address Book proper - which includes the File/Edit/View/Tools/Help menus? It's that View menu you need to be looking at.

Address Book can be found on Tools/Address Book on the main Outlook Express window - or by using Ctrl+Shift+B

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Do as Sea Urchin is saying.

Contacts list - names are displayed how you have set each Name to display in Properties of each individual contact.

To: Cc: and Bcc: names are displayed how you have set them to display in Address Book.

So you need to open your Address Book and check the setting View -> Sort By -> First Name or Last Name

Like this post
jaraba

Likes # 0

Don't have address book in tolls. Have "windows Contacts" and that is set to sort by first name but to-cc etc still shows by lastname.

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

Are you in fact using Outlook Express?

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

Windows Contacts is usually associated with Windows 7 which doesn't support Outlook Express

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

As your thread was title 'OE Contacts' I presumed you meant Outlook Express, which means you are using XP (or W98)

Please confirm what operating system you are using and which Mail program

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...