We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Deluge Of Windows Updates (While Stocks Last)

Input Overload
Resolved

Likes # 0

Windows Updates available as it's 'Patch Tuesday'. I had problems with the .net framework update keep trying to installed over & over so in the end I hid it for now at least.

Like this post
Input Overload

Likes # 0

Not as fast on the draw as 'buteman' - Sorry for duplicate post.

Like this post  
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

got same problem on xp on 2nd attempt now, it stalled half way though install this time, first time just said fail at the end.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

if it stalls leave alone surf the web or get a coffee after about 10mins the dodgy framework update installs [needs reboot too]

Like this post
Input Overload

Likes # 0

sunnystaines - Thanks, I'll give that a try!

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Yesterday I had 11 updates on 2 PC's (W7 64 bit). Took longer than usual, especially the .NET framework 4 one. A Silverlight update failed on both PC's. I was refered to the Silvelight site and installed version 5 - but have never really understood why I need Silverlight at all! Never mind I lige to keep up to date!

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

lige = like!!

Like this post
Snrub

Likes # 0

Yes same result, Silverlight security update failed on all 3 of my W7 computers. Found later that a newer version 0f Silverlight exits v5 and updated it. Netframework 4 failed on 1 and still trying to sort.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Silverlight is a browser plugin to enable some interactive media applications. It is powered by the .Net framework. I have found little use for it. Silverlight initally failed on my systems but later when I ran Windows update it reported that I was up to date. Network 4 can take a while and problems with this could be linked to Silverlight and vice versa.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The best iPhone 6 alternatives: Price and specs compared with the best smartphones

IDG UK Sites

The top 10 Apple products ranked by pixel density: Which Apple devices have the sharpest screens?

IDG UK Sites

SBTRKT's Look Away webcam-based interactive music video won't keep your gaze

IDG UK Sites

Retina MacBook Air release date rumours and specs: Gold 12in Retina MacBook Air almost 1cm thinner...