We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

TalkTalk/Tiscali Webmail Service Problem?.

spuds
Resolved

Likes # 0

Is anyone else having server or account problems with this service?.

I can use the TalkTalk broadband but not their WebMail or Account, due to a possible problem with Specified Main Server.

Just spent 43 minutes with TalkTalk Support, and they are now looking into it, and should report back within 48/72 hours!.

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

Not the same problem, but for the last couple of days TT ( or my PC) has been very slow to send emails. They stay in the outbox for 2/3 mins. O.E.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Spuds.No problem with e mail or webmail - I use Outlook, W7, and the Pipex domain part of Talk Talk.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Thanks guys for the input.

A short time ago I was able to get into my Account again, but the Webmail service is still causing a number of problems. But TalkTalk support, did say that it would take 48/72 to possibly resolve, and before I heard back from them.

Will tick this as resolve, and now leave it for TalkTalk's response and/or remedy?.

Like this post  
Ex plorer

Likes # 0

Hi problems here also I cant send, and still having the same problem, I have had problems since boxing day with talk-talk. I have spent a great deal of time trying to solve the problem on the phone but I just got passed from pillar to post, no one wants to help.

Like this post
thumbscrew

Likes # 0

I'm in South Wales and for several days my emails in Outlook Express have slowed considerably...usually a prelude to a complete TT loss of service. Test mail sent to myself takes a couple of minutes before the "Sending Message" vanishes (Usually a split second) and 10-15 minutes before I receive. Their service status page lists nothing, but historically that's nothing to go on.....something's up methinks.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

thumbscrew

When I contacted TT support the other evening, it took quite awhile before the advisor understood that there was a fault, which finally met with an engineers report being activated. Apparently there was no service status report on the matter, even though he eventually admitted that there was a fault (been there before)?.

When I was told that it would be 42/72 hours before I would hear from them, I suggested that by that time I might have taken steps to change to another ISP, because I was getting fed-up with their service. I do think that I heard a slight laugh in the background!.

Like this post
thumbscrew

Likes # 0

Good day Spuds, I've been with TT/Tiscali for years and outages-especially email problems have been a regular occurrence. I'm thinking of the famous one a few years back which lasted a couple of weeks...even made the national press!The fact that the person on the phone knew nothing is totally par for the course, also their status page usually gets updated when the problem is fixed...until the next time!! And don't get me started on their phone help!!!

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Apparently TalkTalk have had 60.000 new subscribers since they stated their new marketing campaign's. More suffering on the horizon perhaps :O(

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

This a paste from the TT Twitter site in response to poster Costello who can't send emails. So they appear to be aware.TalkTalk TalkTalk @TalkTalkCare

Close

@lilactears Sorry to hear that, we do have an incident raised for @tiscali email users. #ttstephen

TT Twitter

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 0

Spuds, in case you've forgotten, here's what I suggested to you last month:

"A lot of frustrated Tiscali/TalkTalk customers use Mail2Web when TT webmail's playing up. They seem to find it works well so that's something you could try the next time there's a problem."

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Gear 2 review: Classy Tizen smartwatch is too expensive

IDG UK Sites

Eight possible names for the next version of Mac OS X: What will Apple call the follow-up to Maveri?......

IDG UK Sites

Why our gadgets will kill us all: bleating notifications, too many chargers and the proliferation...

IDG UK Sites

Inside Twitter's new design and ad offerings