We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Why post in beginners

Terry Brown

Likes # 0

I have noticed a few posts where advise has been sought about upgrades-rebuilt or other technical questions that a 'Beginner' would not encounter.

To me : A beginner is someone who has bought a computer and wants to know more about how to use it, not rebuilds and upgrades.

Surly this is more for the help-room.

Terry

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Why can't you be a 'beginner' at rebuilds and upgrades?

To me, a post in beginners means 'please answer in simple terms, I might not understand the technical terms etc'

Whereas, in the general Helproom it is assumed you have some knowledge and will understand more technical terms.

Like this post
frybluff

Likes # 0

I agree with lotvic. "Helproom" is a good place to get technical advice on a technical subject. Someone posting a response is going to assume you have a "reasonable" understanding of the subject. If you haven't got ANY expertise in the subject, it is better to post in "Absolute Beginners", where you are more likely to get answers/advice in terms you can understand.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple and Samsung, Google and Microsoft's schoolyard spats make them all look stupid

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room ()......