We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Win live email problem

Hetti

Likes # 0

I can open win live mail send/receive email no problem, but when I go to contacts the page opens but that's it I cannot do anything from there, anything I click on causes the "not responding" message to appear. I run win 7

I did think of doing a system restore to see if that would help but I did a download from Giveawayofthe day yesterday and dont want to loose the software if it's possible to keep it this download is not to blame for the problem as its been like this for three days now. Advice please.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

You can try Add remove programs.

Click on windows Live essentials.Click on uninstall/change and then it should ask you which program you want to repair.Click on Windows Live mail and let it repair it.See if that works.

Like this post
Hetti

Likes # 0

Thanks buteman Unfortunately that did not work, it ran for a while then I got "sorry something unexpected happened and win mail must close, recent changes may not be saved.

As soon as I go onto the contacts page the little blue circle goes round and round and the "Not responding" sign appears in the bar at top of page.I wont be able to back up my contacts as I cannot use anything on there now, maybe I should just do a system restore what do you think?

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Worth a try I suppose but you will probably loose your giveaway of the day download if you cant find a way of saving it.

Like this post
Hetti

Likes # 0

I Googled the prob and came across lots of others who have been having this problem,they but found its related to update kb2454826, live mail worked when they uninstalled the update so I looked at my recent updates but its not there so was no help. I will try the restore but others have said it works for a short while then starts the same behavior.

Like this post
Hetti

Likes # 0

I tried system restore but it didnt help,I had noticed when I opened IE9 there was problem with the home page (thought it was infected) did all the scans it cme out clean so I changed IE9 back to IE8 and it seems to have done the.......... trick fingers crossed. I dont have a clue how or why but so long as it works Im happy.I dont use IE much in any case.

Thanks for your help:>)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014