We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

wireless router 'connected limited access'=no internet?

theDarkness
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have changed my firewall and vista is now connecting to my router-but i have limited access, and no internet? ipv4+6 are set to automatically connect,but its not happening,and my router key is still correct and being accepted. i have tried disabling internet security but this makes no difference (i know,not recommended!).. i don't think the router was listed correctly from the command line either,but its working fine,as im connecting with using my phone right now :D is there a quick fix? thanks

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Bris - "i tried turning off the firewall and similar protection but it made no difference."

Like this post
theDarkness

Likes # 0

Flushing the cache does not seem to make a difference-im getting the same issue,although i think i may have cured it before by doing something similar. the errors are still "the network adapter is experiencing issues (atheros AR5007EG wireless)" and "make sure your internet protocol bindings are correct" (even though i have this set to automatically detect). I have also resetting the router and reinstalling the wireless adapter drivers,but nothing is working. thanks for the replies

Like this post
theDarkness

Likes # 0

Ps i have noticed for my network adapters from device manager i have multiple entries,eg underneath 'atheros wireless network adapter' i have an identically named one 'atheros wireless network adapter - online armor'. the one tagged with online armor is not working,the other supposedly is. for the one not missing any driver,its advanced setting is missing its network address property,if that means anything. perhaps online armor is set to ruin all connections to the net when anyone decides to replace it,lol. i could try removing comodo and reinstalling online armor,as i don't have a way to remove the OA entries from the device manager. perhaps its causing some confusion

Like this post
steve12345

Likes # 0

Sounds like a problem I had not long ago. My modem/router can have lots of devices accessing it wirelessly at the same time and sometimes one or more devices loses access although it is still connected. I think it may be an IP address conflict, so try this if you can.

If you can access your modem/router from another pc (Borrow a laptop or something if you don't), add your PC's MAC address in the LAN configuration settings on your modem/router and manually assign it an IP address (typically will be something like "192.168.1.2" to "192.160.1.255"). You'll have to look up specific instructions for your particular modem/router in your manual or online.

Hope that helps you.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

It would seem that Online Armor may be the culprit. Is it not possible to delete the atheros network adaptor - online armor?

System restore to back before all of the changes? Then remove Online Armor with Revo?

Like this post
steve12345

Likes # 0

should read :- "192.168.1.1" to "192.168.1.255"

Like this post
theDarkness

Likes # 0

I gave up in the end and tried a system restore back to when OA was installed+connecting to the net was successful (yesterday). the net is working again! i have heard comodo can have problems with my avast antivirus,so who knows. i have not been able to uninstall OA fully as files were missing after the restore (it wouldn't run either). i have switched to zonealarm temporarily.. and still with avast.. im connecting-finally. the only downside seems to be an annoying pop up for zonealarm on every startup for the free version. i should have reinstalled OA,then uninstalled. ill get around to it (unless there are any installers that work well anyone knows of)? if i can get other firewalls working im not sure if ill want to quick with ZA with this pop up-im fussy ;D thanks for the replies,ill have to take note of all these problems just incase i forget and they happen to me all over again in future..

Like this post  
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Good uninstaller - Revo Uninstaller Free

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Suggest that you get rid of all firewalls and let Vista's run and then install one of the others. Vista's is a 2 way firewall.

Like this post
theDarkness

Likes # 0

I forgot to say no I couldnt delete the multiple cloned 'atheros - online armor' devices at all. After the system restore, I now only see 3 devices in total (atheros wireless adapter, realtek controller, virtualbox adapter). just 1 entry for atheros, instead of 3 atheros with 3 OA atheros clones :) Ill try Revo to uninstall whats still left of OA on this system, if it doesnt work (missing files in OA might cause issues) then ill have to do it the awkward way (reinstall OA/uninstall OA). I dont think I will use Comodo again until I can be sure there are no conflicts with major software. thanks to everyone :D

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S5 mini vs HTC One mini 2 comparison review: Design and price beats additional...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

Colour-depth not resolution is what will make 4K a success or failure

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Which new iPhone 6 model should I buy?