We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Error message when trying to open jpeg files from a CD in Microsoft Picture Manager

Repurr

Likes # 0

Hi,

I am running a Windows Vista Home Premium on an Acer Aspire T671 with MS Office 2007.

I have been trying to open jpeg picture files, from a number of CD's through MS Picutre Manager and keep getting the error message.

"The path you specified is not valis or supported by picture manager. Verify that the location is a valid windows sharepoint services library, that the folder exists and that the path is correct and then try again."

I have opended the picture files on this PC before without a problem.

Can anyone suggest how I can solve this problem?

Thanks for your help

R

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

To rule out a defective CD can you try it on another PC.

Like this post
Repurr

Likes # 0

All CD's working on my laptop and files can be opened in picture manager.

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

This has been reported previously as a problem that occurs after an upgrade from IE7 to IE8, if you have recently done this then I suggest upgrading to IE9 and see if the problem is fixed.

Like this post
Repurr

Likes # 0

Thanks, I am running Firefox 9.01.

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

That may be so, but what version of Internet Explorer do you have on the machine

Like this post
Bris

Likes # 0

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 launch event as it happened: Read our Windows 10 launch live blog - find out first as...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK