We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

logik LDVR78 dvd recorder

rgtyfhr

Likes # 0

I have a Logik ldvr78 dvd recorder connected to a tv by scart lead. I have followed all the instructions in the user manual for recording from a tv program to a blank DVD+RW but all I get on screen is a message at the top confirming the setup followed by a clock counting down which gives the impression that the machine is recording but it isn't In the middle of the screen is a message saying "NO SIGNAL". can someone help please

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 1

Does it have two scary sockets? And if so have you got it plugged in to the correct one?

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

What are you trying to record from the TV or has the recorder a built in tuner . If from the tv then as said perhaps only one of your scarts outputs audio/video or you need to select in the TV menu which one to use. then the recorder has to be set to something like AV1 or 2 If it is from abuilt in tuner on the recorder then it should record what its tuned into

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

OK just looked at the specs for your recorder and its got no tuner and only one scart so I would guess ther is nothing to set up recorder wise . So check ou what has been said Re the tv. also make sure you have a fully wired scart lead as some are one way only

Like this post
rgtyfhr

Likes # 0

OK I'll have a look at these suggestions can't do it until weekend though, will let you know bytheway I don't know but I think I have made a pretty basic error I haven't fed the aerial through the recorder again ccn't test this at the moment, thanks a lot for your help

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

Chronus: yeah, some of those sockets can be pretty scary... ;-)

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

For your setup you need to do the following:-

For a standard (non-digital) input

Co-ax to DVD recorder( in) Co-ax from DVD to TV (out) Set the recorder to record the channel

For a digital box (Digibox /Sky/Virgin etc

As above plus scart cable from the digital box (video out) to the recorder. You may need a scart splitter (One feed in -Two feed out) available from Pound shops, if so plug the splitter into the DVD recorder, the feed in (from Digital outlet) to splitter and the splitter scart outlet out to TV

Set the recorder to AV1 or DV setting.

Terry

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

2014 Mac mini release date, specs, rumours: When's the new Mac mini coming out?

IDG UK Sites

Long live the internet fridge: the Internet of Things is coming

IDG UK Sites

How Prometheus' colourist Juan Ignacio Cabrera gave a tense, edgy feel to Chosen