We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Unable to do a System Restore

JF25

Likes # 0

I was going to load a new programme and was going to do a system restore point first but when i clicked system restore the computer crashed and restarted with the message that windows had been shut down and I had to start it with the enter key. It started without any problem so I tried again with the same result. Any suggestions what is wrong? Thanks John

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

Disable System Restore, then reboot, Then enable System Restore again, and try once more

Like this post
JF25

Likes # 0

Thanks rawprawn but I do not know how to disable system restore. my O.S. is Windows 7 J

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

Disable/ Enable System Restore

In case you don't know how to re enable it. RP

Like this post
JF25

Likes # 0

I have followed the instructions R click Computer ,select properties but when i click system protection the computer shuts down and restarts with black screen asking how I wish to start windows as it was shut down. Thanks for your assistance RP j

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Go into command prompt and type in sfc /scannow and then press the Enter on your keyboard see what errors it finds and fixes.

Or go into Safe mode and run system repair using the up down buttons on your keyboard.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

Watch this heartwarming Christmas short by Trunk for composer John Rutter

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad