We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How to ue my webcam

ponytail

Likes # 0

I have installed a web cam with built in Mic and it shows up in my computer as USB VIDEO DEVICE but not sure how to use it and how do I check to see if it is working ok.If I click on USB VIDEO DEVICE I get the message Creation of video preview failed please check the device connection.I am sure there is someway you can test to se if the camera and the mic are working ok but cannot remember how to do it

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

HI Guys I have hust been back to dealer and I exchanged it for another of the same and guess what the picture is still upside down and it does not come with any software.I have sent an email to the makers.It is a Trust spotlight webcam model number 16428.Not sure what else to do.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

What are you viewing the webcam with?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Skype has an option to invert the picture.

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Hi Woolwell what do you mean by what am I viewing the web cam with.I am just using the webcam checker on the trust web site which is on a earlier post and it shows he picture upside down.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

If you have not already got it, download and install Skype (free). Then go to Tools>Options, then click on Video Settings - the rest should be self explanatory.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

OK but what do you intend to use the webcam for? If you intend to use it with Skype then that will turn the picture the right way up. If you are going to use any other software then that should also be able to turn it the right way up. I think that most of us thought that you were using software provided with the camera and not the Trust site. It would seem that they do not provide any software.

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Hi Guys Have just logged into Skype and the picture is the right way up but on the trust web site when I do the webcam check it is still upside down is that normal.One other thing how do I check the sound from the mic to see if the mic is working ok.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I don't think that it is normal to have the picture the right way up in Skype but inverted on the Trust website but the important thing is that it is correct on Skype.

You can test the audio through Skype too. Tools - Options - Audio Settings. You will need to make sure that your webcam mic is selected in the dropdown box by microphone.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Get bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this Black...

IDG UK Sites

Tomorrow's World today (or next year)

IDG UK Sites

25 iOS apps turn (Red) for World AIDS Day campaign

IDG UK Sites

Advanced tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert - 5 new tips added