We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How to ue my webcam

ponytail

Likes # 0

I have installed a web cam with built in Mic and it shows up in my computer as USB VIDEO DEVICE but not sure how to use it and how do I check to see if it is working ok.If I click on USB VIDEO DEVICE I get the message Creation of video preview failed please check the device connection.I am sure there is someway you can test to se if the camera and the mic are working ok but cannot remember how to do it

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Have found this site http://www.trust.com/service/guides/webcam/

But when I do it is fine apart from the picture being upside down so not sure if that is normal or if something is wrong.There is only the USB lead and mic lead to connect so what can go wrong.

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Have found this site http://www.trust.com/service/guides/webcam/

But when I do it is fine apart from the picture being upside down so not sure if that is normal or if something is wrong.There is only the USB lead and mic lead to connect so what can go wrong.

Like this post
natdoor

Likes # 0

Rotate your camera through 180 degrees in the verical plane.

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Hi natdoor thanks but not quite sure what you mean do you mean turn the lens Itried that but it just blurs the picture and cant see what else to turn

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

My Logitech has options to rotate the picture. You may well have them provided it is working.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

The knob you are turning is the focus. Did the webcam come with any software to install?

Like this post
natdoor

Likes # 0

I assume that your webcam sits on top of your desktop or a shelf. I meant rotate the whole thing such that the it rests on what was the top, as if turning upside down.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Which Trust webcam do you have?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I don't think that the option to invert a Trust webcam is possible. The supplied software should have the ability to invert the picture (turn it the right way up).

Like this post
natdoor

Likes # 0

Woolwell

I have just been able to get onto the Trust website. I was not familiar with the make and see that you are correct that they appear to be qute large and designed with a base. In that case, they will almost certainly have a method of inverting the picture by software. My own webcam only has the ability to create a mirror image and can readily be inverted.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon Kindle Voyage release date, price and specs UK: a high-end eReader with Amazon’s best-ever...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room