We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Change dates and time of videos

geedad

Likes # 0

I can RENAME video and other files, but not the dates or times. A long time ago I used an application called "Properties Plus" on my old XP, and that would change the date. Is there a free application for Windows 7? geedad

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Don't know about videos but any photo file you right click and select properties and under the details tab you can change any of the metadata. This is in Windows 7.

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 0

SetFileDate 2.0 Click here and it's Free, Works with Win7 64 bit.

Like this post
geedad

Likes # 0

Lazarus The 2nd

I have tried the Set-FileDate application, for which I thank you. However, perhaps I did not make myself clear. I want an application to change the date/time that is EMBEDDED in the finished video. Perhaps this is not possible, but I have a miniture camera which records variable dates, and although I have asked the makers (F and H) for information, it is not at all clear how to make the camera embed the correct date in the video. I have successfully used your Set-FileDate application, but it does not change the date in the actual video. Is there another application that can do this? Just for the record, I pass on the details that the maker of the camera sent me:

1. Build a text called TAG.TXT under root directory of card.

2. Open TAG.TXT , write synchronous date according to enclosure strictly ?

Details as follows:

[date] need space with new line.

2009/07/22 need space with new line.

12£000£000 ?

Power on machine everytime, system will check and analyse TAG.TXT, then set system time according to file time. After that the text will be deleted by system automatically. !!

If you can understand that, please let me know! Thanks again for your very good program.

geedad

Like this post
geedad

Likes # 0

rdave13 Thank you for your response. See my reply to Lazarus The 2nd. geedad

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'