We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How ae you getting on with digital switch over?

SparkyJack

Likes # 0

We in the South East area are due to be done during April. I have heard that some folk where help was requested have been seen to.

As I posted off my application months ago and had no response I thought an Email enquiry would not be amiss. So I did. and had response that I would be telephoned within a couple of days. This afternoon when I got home Digital Switchover had telephoned. The guy having taken all my details said no application had been received, but no problem we will do it over the phone now-. So I dug out my flexifriend- paid over my £27 and lo the men are coming to fix me up on Monday 5th March. So it pay to check. don't it.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

I am in the zone for reasonable priced help, but my various TV's have Freeview tuners ;I put up my own aerial and I have a set top box already for a TV in a spare room, I do not see the point of getting someone in. I think all I have to do is to run a digital programme scan. I gave up watching analogue months ago.

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Are they supplying a freeview box or does your TV have freeview built in?

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

I think you have posted the identical thread on 3 forums - this one;Consumer Watch and Speakers Corner. Difficult and confusing so maybe FE will rationalise the three to form one thread.

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

My TV is digital so gets Free view anyway

There are several packages on offer for folk with only analogue and subject to you financial status is moderate cost or free for pensioners.

As FreeSat offer a bigger range of useful channels for me I elected for that package.

Because I am a pensioner on benefit the cost of the Freesat dish/box and installation is £27.

Higher costs apply to basic pensioner and higher still for wage earners but sill cheaper than' commercial'

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Sparkyjack

Thanks for the reply.

The same question has been asked in your post in Consumerwatch. It really is best to only post a question in one forum. Perhaps you could tick the other two as closed and just stick to this one.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

john bunyan you could have the Freesat option and get the dish installed and a freesat box.

I also had freeview tv and aerial etc but got the satellite freesat installed for a minimum fee in both lounge and b/room (as there were 2 people eligible and we got one system each - total of one dish and two receivers)

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"this one;Consumer Watch and Speakers Corner. "

In fact, the only one not used is the one it should have been on, Digital Home!

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Lotvic. Thanks for that, I will have a think about it.Also thanks to SparkyJack for info.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

yeah it's good, I've got both now, Freeview and Freesat. Makes it easy to record several programs while watching another. Added bonus is Freesat has a lot more channels and picture doesn't break up like it does on Freeview when the weather distorts the signal. If you get Freesat steer clear of the sagem boxes because the software has a problem that they can't seem to fix. They replaced mine with a Humax Foxsat PVR and I haven't had any probs since then (and it has a lot more features)

Another bonus is that you can use a skybox receiver instead (or as well if you get another LNB cable feed from dish fixed) so you have plenty of flexibility.

Like this post
ton

Likes # 0

I thought the 'help service' was just to make sure that old people could still receive tv programs.

Not to add additional equipment to an address that could already receive the service.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...