We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Seal usb turntable

little jack

Likes # 0

Trying to record from my Seal USB turntable i have done so before but now when i press record on Audacity the stero line moves across but does not record . I dont think there is the correct set up from usb to Audacity ? can someone tell me the correct preferences for set up i have Realtek hd audio output .Realtek audio input Wave microsoft 16 bit pcm .How do i select USB AUDIO codec as in Audacity help list(do i require it) I have downloaded Lame v3.98.3for Audacity and think i have exported as Wav but can you please advise me how ,to make sure ?i am on Window xp please note oap so not to good on cumputers . thank you

Like this post
little jack

Likes # 0

I have now have the LP tracks in my albums in Wave if i click on it it plays ok in my Media player .How do i transfer it to my media player so i can burn it ?

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

Ok to burn as what a cd to play in your cd player or car or just as back up. If the former then using windows media player just. be a case of adding the track/s and choosing burn then Audio CD and you'r away.

Like this post
little jack

Likes # 0

Yes i am going to burn the tracks can you please tell me how to add the tracks to media player (where to click etc ) as i have tried but must be doing something wrong ? The last time i copyed an LP i had no problems this time nothing but . But i an learning .

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

Hi unless you have already split the recording into individual tracks in audacity (easy but alittle time consuming) you will just get one or two big tracks. In wmp there is a burn button at the top with a little drop dpwn arrow .the drop dowm offers audio disc which is what you want , once you click that you then add the tracks to the burn list on the right and at the bottom of that column click start burn. No wories about just learning we've all been ther or a still are Ha!

Like this post
little jack

Likes # 0

No you have the wrong end of the stick i know how to burn tracks from media player, but at the moment my tracks are in my albums file i need to get this file to media player .

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

Sorry no canhelp as I dont use wmp and definitely would not let it near any of my tracks ,. Might be best to google or star anew post just for that

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

WMP, click on File and on dropdown menu click on 'Add to Library', a new box window will open up for you to browse to the folder where your music is.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Should have added, if you want to keep things simple or reorganise which folders WMP is to monitor, you can create a new folder and copy your Albums and any other music you want to it and then browse to the new folder when you add to library.

Like this post
little jack

Likes # 0

Thanks looking back at the LP i recorded with no problem (it is in my documents )i see it has the AUDACITY slogan in the boxe(headphones ) this time i have the wave slogen (Wav with a note ) when i click file and save on Audacity should i click save as as mp3 or what ? i think this maybe where i am going wrong ?

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

If its for a cd then save as wave as that is uncompressed as is the format on cd .If you choose mp3 your messin with the compression twice

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more